Little Foot Steps

Thursday, August 25, 2005

What a day!

Yesterday was definitely not the kind of day I like or wish for. I fell asleep while trying to put Eu to nap. I do not know what caused me to jerk suddenly and I was awake, seeing Eu standing tip toeing on the air-con piping ledge, with his head peering out of the wide open window! I quickly walk over to him calmly in order not to startle him. I sensed something was amissed, and thought he had dropped something out of the window. He started throwing tantrum when I asked what happened. Then I saw the nasty cut on his right eyelid. Just a little lower, it would have been his eye. If only I had stayed awake, this will not have happened. While comforting him, I really feel myself blessed, as something more dreadful could have happened.

Next came Tien's crying. She was trying very hard to poo. The poo was stuck. I tried with my hands, but the poo just crumbled at my every attempt. I was at the end of my wits, helpless. She finally had the poo out after about half an hour of ordeal. Alright, back to the same old milk powder. I rather have a happy overweight baby then a constipated crying one.

4 Comments:

  • Have you tried goat's milk? I gather that it is more easily digestible and most similiar to humann milk. Started giving Tim some fresh goat's milk as my supply has been very very pathetic lately ( you know why :P )

    Constipation is scary with the little ones... So sad to see them suffer and we can't do much to help :/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27/8/05 23:33  

  • Hmm, never thought of that. Will try that out. I have seen powder form on supermkt shelves. Which supermkt you bought the fresh one, and what brand? R u under stress (work?) or not enough rest lately? These were the two big factor affecting my supply during my BF times.

    By Blogger ky, at 28/8/05 16:37  

  • I got the goats milk delivered to my door step. The uncle is very nice. They will call you weekly to ask if you want to replenish your supply. Goats milk is so yummy if you ask me. Ask them about their delivery to your area.

    Hay Dairies - 6792 0931

    Did you tandem nurse or nurse while you are preggy?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 31/8/05 20:30  

  • Hey, eu went there recently on a school trip. Was given a small bottle back, but don't dare to try, as I do not know was it kept refrigerated. Thanks for the info!

    Eu was a fussy baby and refuse to latch on. So only manage to express for him, and that lasted only 6 months. For tien, she latched on easily and BF for close to 8 months. Slowly switch her to formula after that. It's real tough working full time and to make sure there is breast milk for baby.

    By Blogger ky, at 1/9/05 11:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers