The boy inside
Happened to see the documentary film on tv during the Saturday morning. The mothers being interviewed were all putting on a strong face in front of the camera, but as the conversation went on, they all broke down due to the sorrows, helplessness they felt for themselves and especially for their children.
One of the mother said: "I don't care if people reject me, but when they reject him, it just breaks my heart!" I wept with her when I heard this as it brought me back to that day where I witnessed for myself how my son was being treated by one of his classmate. Standing at a distance, without the knowledge of Eu and his peer, the kid was calling him a devil and making fun of him. The boy kept repeating his hurtful words though Eu told him to stop. I went home crying my heart out instead of reporting to work. I will never forget the amount of sadness and pain I felt that day, not for me but my child.
One of the mother said: "I don't care if people reject me, but when they reject him, it just breaks my heart!" I wept with her when I heard this as it brought me back to that day where I witnessed for myself how my son was being treated by one of his classmate. Standing at a distance, without the knowledge of Eu and his peer, the kid was calling him a devil and making fun of him. The boy kept repeating his hurtful words though Eu told him to stop. I went home crying my heart out instead of reporting to work. I will never forget the amount of sadness and pain I felt that day, not for me but my child.
Life arounds two of my precious 


6 Comments:
Ya, I know how you feel. I hate it when my boy is being judged. Especially when they're so young and don't really know how to express their feelings or protect themselves.
By
Anonymous, at 14/3/07 13:00
aiyoh...actually hor, I would feel angry and upset at the same time, thinking why my kid cannot stand up for themselves....sometimes, I rather my kids be the bully rather then being the bullied. I know it's the wrong way but.....what can I say!
By
Anonymous, at 15/3/07 10:30
I would feel sad & angry too if others make fun of my kids.... I told my kids never make fun of others, and to put themselves in their shoes.
By
LZmommy, at 15/3/07 10:50
Oh my! I am not sure how I would react!
By
Irene, at 16/3/07 02:21
Oh my...I would be terribly upset if the same should happen. I may also wanted an apology given and even alert the parents that their kid behaves in such undesirable way...
By
Anonymous, at 16/3/07 21:55
Thanks for sharing this, it really sounds very hurtful! Did you talk to your child about it? He must have felt very hurt, too, isn't it?
By
Anonymous, at 21/6/07 00:44
Post a Comment
<< Home