Peer's acceptance
One day, on the way home after fetching Eu from school, we passed by this traffic junction with faulty traffic lights, and had this conversation:
Eu: Favourite Ray
Me: No, it should be Ray's favourite (I knew what he was trying to say).
Eu: NO! Favourite Ray!
Me: BB, mommy is trying to teach you to talk correctly. It should be RAY's FAVOURITE, NOT favourite Ray.
Eu: (already shouting while I'm preaching) Favourite Ray, favourite Ray,.........
Me: (running out of patience) BB, you can continue saying that, but it's wrong and your classmates are going to laugh at you. You want that?
Eu: (immediately) Ray's favourite?
The power of peer's acceptance!
Eu: Favourite Ray
Me: No, it should be Ray's favourite (I knew what he was trying to say).
Eu: NO! Favourite Ray!
Me: BB, mommy is trying to teach you to talk correctly. It should be RAY's FAVOURITE, NOT favourite Ray.
Eu: (already shouting while I'm preaching) Favourite Ray, favourite Ray,.........
Me: (running out of patience) BB, you can continue saying that, but it's wrong and your classmates are going to laugh at you. You want that?
Eu: (immediately) Ray's favourite?
The power of peer's acceptance!
Life arounds two of my precious 


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home