Hand-Foot-Mouth disease
Today is the fifth day since Tien had the virus. Still refused to eat and drink during the day. The mouth blisters must be extremely painful, as she simply loves to eat. Even feeding her medication was not too much of a problem. Not this round. I need one person to hold her down, in order to force the pain relief into her throat. Oh, I really pray that the ordeal will be over very soon. The pain is so much that she will cry even by just swallowing her own saliva! The doctor had wanted her to be hospitalised for drip. But I just don't have the heart to let her suffer further. Other than not eating and drinking during the day, she is behaving normally, running and playing. Her milk in take at night has been increasing, and that's a good sign.
Life arounds two of my precious 


4 Comments:
eep! Hope she is better now. Actually when they get sick... they suffer but i think we suffer more :P Really stressful period :/
By
Anonymous, at 20/10/05 14:56
Get well soon, Tien.
By
Anonymous, at 20/10/05 16:08
Don't worry - seems that she's making up her food intake at night. I am sure she will be well in no time. I can relate to you - hate the idea of hospitalization. Unless absolutely necessary
By
Anonymous, at 23/10/05 00:21
I hope she's feeling better now.
Since she's still running and playing, you probably don't have to worry too much. Loss of appetite is inevitable.
By
Anonymous, at 25/10/05 09:26
Post a Comment
<< Home