Little Foot Steps

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Flu jab

Arhhhhh! All private clinics and most polyclinics had run out of the vaccine. Even the new stock which arrived this week was distributed out to don't know where, and private clinics were allocated with limited quantities that were snapped up immediately by those on waiting list. Eu has been getting these flu jabs regularly to help him boost his antibodies. It was especially helpful since he is in the day-care, and tends to get complication when he has a cold. Hopefully we won't need to miss this season jab.

Sneezy

7 Comments:

  • what do this flu jabs do? Don't think we have it here in M'sia.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15/11/05 15:07  

  • M'sia should have them also. Only thing is most people don't usually pay much attention to such jab, until some flu epidemic arises, like the current bird flu situation.

    By Blogger ky, at 15/11/05 16:16  

  • MMm...so how long are the waiting list? Gessh ... I belong to "most people" category!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16/11/05 09:44  

  • Wahahaa.., Janice I really have no idea how long is the queue if you are going to private clinic :( I understand they had all run out of stock at the moment. Heard from my colleague that the waiting time at polyclinic is faster. If you had your jab already, then good for you! Else, you may want to check out that avenue.

    By Blogger ky, at 16/11/05 11:06  

  • Yeah, it's easy for the kids to pass the flu around while in childcare. I can testify to that. My daughter was falling sick every other week then ....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17/11/05 02:27  

  • Erm..you mean you can have the flu jab like 2 or 3 times a year? I thought it was an annual "affair"?

    Damien is going to Nursery next year and we intend to let him have the jab..guess i better check with his doc on the stock now...thanks:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17/11/05 10:29  

  • Clamoo, yes, the 1st year was the tougest! The daddy used to complain we pay full month fee, but only attend 2/3 or less of the month.

    Blur-blur, depending on the brand make of the jab. I also thot the jab is once yearly. Even now, some docs also tell you, you only need to jab yearly. But my GP said the brand she uses, makes the vaccine twice yearly. Recently, I saw from Strait Times a report on flu vaccine which echo the same statement as my GP. I will try to dig it out and share, since quite a couple of mommies are interested on this :)

    By Blogger ky, at 18/11/05 08:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers