Hold my hand
Was told during lunch, the husband of a colleague was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. I was totally shock and wanted to cry. This is a second time such unfortunate thing happened in my office. It is even more emotional when there is children in the family. The mother will not only needs to handle her own grief, but that of her children. It's just so sad when you want to hold your partner's hand to the day when you have wrinkles on your skin and your hair turns white, but you are not able to. It just make your heart aches to think your children will no longer have kisses and hugs from one parent. My the other colleague, went through great effort to retrieve and saved her husband voice-mail greeting and messages, so that her boy will be able to hear daddy's voice in a more natural way. I've seen her crying her heart out in the first few months after her husband's death, in the office's washroom. Life is just so unexpected.
I will be stepping into my ninth year of marriage tomorrow. I want many more nine years to come. I want to hold your hand and grow old together. I do not know how we will turn out, but for the time being, please hold on to my hand and don't let go!
Life arounds two of my precious 


5 Comments:
Life is short! We just have to live each day to the fullest.
It's quite scary sometimes to hear all these news and find out that life is just so fragile.
Happy Anniversary to you! Hope you'll have 99years to come!
By
Anonymous, at 24/3/06 23:43
KY, your post makes me cry...that's what I always think about - the children whenever something happens to their parents.
I'm sorry your colleague has to go through this. I hope she has some family support on top of colleagues like yourself.
Anyway, my attitude in life is to treasure what we have now. Live each day to the fullest and without regrets.
By
Anonymous, at 25/3/06 09:13
Yes, to live each day to the fullest and not to have regrets. That's something I remind myself everytime whenever I get short temper with my love ones.
By
ky, at 27/3/06 11:25
Life is indeed unpredictable..
Thanks for sharing this, it made me realise how short life is and we should really treasure what we have..
Happy 9th anniversary to you...cheers to many more 9 years...
By
Anonymous, at 27/3/06 12:43
Just read your post. Feel very sorry for your colleague. Yes, 9 years is worth treasuring, and everyday after that.
Hope you had a good celebration. Mine is in May. 9th anni too. :-)
By
Anonymous, at 31/3/06 11:57
Post a Comment
<< Home