Which hospital?
Choices:
1)KK
2)NUH
3)Mt Alvernia
1)KK
2)NUH
3)Mt Alvernia
I was told KK has the longest waiting time, 4 - 5 months, to have the assessment appointment. NUH is no better, not sure about Mt Alvernia. I'm like standing at a cross junction, wondering which direction to head. I think about costs, quality, services, travel distance, time, etc., etc.. The last time I ponder over so much, was had I picked the right man. Ha! And I think that was a much easier decision. Confused, getting hubby to pick.
Life arounds two of my precious 


7 Comments:
I won't be able to recommend.. but all the best.. *hugs*
By
Anonymous, at 12/4/06 16:14
Hmm... if cost is a concern, i recommend u to bring Eu to see the polyclinic doctor first and have him refered to the specialist... that way, u will be paying lesser. That's what i heard from my ex-colleague whose child has some behavioural problems. If cost not a concern, i will choose to go either KK or SGH because i trust them more. Sorry NUH... heard too much stories about your interns/houseman(or watever u call them) lah.
By
Anonymous, at 13/4/06 06:06
I'm sorry babe, but I HATE HATE HATE NUH. They have the worst service and super long stupid queues. The last time I was there I screamed at the paed (ok, lah, for nothing since it wasn't her fault). She told me if I wasn't happy, I could seek out private treatment. Which I did - with NO queues!!!! Woot! Should have done this a long time ago.
By
Anonymous, at 13/4/06 08:01
I've heard that KK has got good specialists for kids. Maybe you want to check and go on that basis? I also second CM's suggestion of going to the polyclinic to get a referral. Must as well benefit from the subsidy if you're going to those hospitals right?
By
Anonymous, at 13/4/06 12:36
Read an article about a Mommy going Mt. A for this...but I think NUH and SGH will NEVER be my choice...if there is a choice
By
Anonymous, at 13/4/06 14:28
KK would be my choice. They don't call it the children's hospital for nothing right? Long q n all, they probably see the most number of kids in comparison with the rest of the hospitals which means they'll also probably be more experienced (also possibly more tired and impatient) Cuts both ways. Sorry, don't think I'm helping you much here. Take care & Take heart. Most kids have short attention span nowadays, just the extent. Can slowly be taught/trained.
By
Anonymous, at 21/4/06 12:46
Have you chosen a hospital yet? I don't know much about the local hospitals, but I'd guess KK is your best bet, being a children's hospital.
By
Anonymous, at 29/4/06 10:12
Post a Comment
<< Home