Visit to KKH
No, not about Eu. Here's what happened:
Date: May 6
Time: Around 8 in the evening
Place: John Little at Plaza Singapura
Our little family was walking in the departmental store after dinner. I decided to look at some clothes for the children and left them with Daddy. In less than a minute, daddy came to me , carrying a crying Tien. He said something like this: "S***! She fell and got a cut at her chin." My heart sank after hearing this, and my immediate response was to scold daddy because I saw him at another aisle while the kids were at the next. He retorted: "She just walk and fell, what can I do?!" If he had followed closely, then really, I had nothing to say. BUT, he wasn't! Sesame and Zara's mama, this is one good example where if I can, I will definitely kick him right at the spot to outer space!
We went to KKH A&E, since we had no idea which was the nearest clinic that was still opened on a public holiday night. As usual, the children's A&E was crowded. We got our registration done at 8.33pm and the nurse instructed us not to give any food and drink to Tien, as most probably she will need some anaesthetic to have the cut stitched up. After waiting for half an hour, the impatient daddy started to curse and said should had went to Mount E since the fee would be more or less the same. Our turn finally came at around 9.15pm, but the doctor could not performed the stitches as her dinner was still not very digested yet. Time given for the mini operation, 10.30pm. That's a good one hour more of wait. Daddy decided to go for a spin, since the kids couldn't sit still, and Tien also started to request for milk. Came back before the scheduled time, and Tien's name was called to go into the treatment room shortly. One parent was allowed into the room, and I went in with her. She started crying loudly upon seeing the unfamiliar environment. A nurse administered a dose of drug to her, and she was knocked off in 2 minutes. I was then asked to wait outside the room. The whole procedure took about 20 minutes, and she was pushed out to the observation area. We were told she could only leave after she woke up and showing no distress signs. Gosh! At least another 2 hours wait, so we decided to send Eu over to my sister's place to rest.
11.45pm and Tien still not showing sign she wanted to wake up, so the nurse decided to give her a cold wipe on the face. That did the trick, and she was yelling with her eyes wide opened. The doctor came to examine her at around 12.15am and was allowed to be discharged. Reached home closed to 1.30am. Sleepy and tired!
Date: May 6
Time: Around 8 in the evening
Place: John Little at Plaza Singapura
Our little family was walking in the departmental store after dinner. I decided to look at some clothes for the children and left them with Daddy. In less than a minute, daddy came to me , carrying a crying Tien. He said something like this: "S***! She fell and got a cut at her chin." My heart sank after hearing this, and my immediate response was to scold daddy because I saw him at another aisle while the kids were at the next. He retorted: "She just walk and fell, what can I do?!" If he had followed closely, then really, I had nothing to say. BUT, he wasn't! Sesame and Zara's mama, this is one good example where if I can, I will definitely kick him right at the spot to outer space!
We went to KKH A&E, since we had no idea which was the nearest clinic that was still opened on a public holiday night. As usual, the children's A&E was crowded. We got our registration done at 8.33pm and the nurse instructed us not to give any food and drink to Tien, as most probably she will need some anaesthetic to have the cut stitched up. After waiting for half an hour, the impatient daddy started to curse and said should had went to Mount E since the fee would be more or less the same. Our turn finally came at around 9.15pm, but the doctor could not performed the stitches as her dinner was still not very digested yet. Time given for the mini operation, 10.30pm. That's a good one hour more of wait. Daddy decided to go for a spin, since the kids couldn't sit still, and Tien also started to request for milk. Came back before the scheduled time, and Tien's name was called to go into the treatment room shortly. One parent was allowed into the room, and I went in with her. She started crying loudly upon seeing the unfamiliar environment. A nurse administered a dose of drug to her, and she was knocked off in 2 minutes. I was then asked to wait outside the room. The whole procedure took about 20 minutes, and she was pushed out to the observation area. We were told she could only leave after she woke up and showing no distress signs. Gosh! At least another 2 hours wait, so we decided to send Eu over to my sister's place to rest.
11.45pm and Tien still not showing sign she wanted to wake up, so the nurse decided to give her a cold wipe on the face. That did the trick, and she was yelling with her eyes wide opened. The doctor came to examine her at around 12.15am and was allowed to be discharged. Reached home closed to 1.30am. Sleepy and tired!
Tien sleeping soundly after taking her pain killer.
Life arounds two of my precious 


9 Comments:
Oh my.. poor Tien.. Luckily it wasn't that serious but she had to go through the ordeal, not to mention the worry you get.
Men really are very different when it comes to caring for kids. I experiance something similar over the weekend, when I got Daddy to look after Zara in the mall. Let me blog about it.
Anyway, good that Tien is ok now.. how many stitches did she has to endure?
By
Anonymous, at 9/5/06 10:19
Oh dear! Must have been quite a cut...poor Tien. Hope she's back to normal and you're also feeling better.
Men tend to be careless. Everytime I leave my boy in Daddy's care, I always must remind him to take care of him properly. He is not too bad outside, but do slip up once or twice. Once for example, I almost freaked out when he left the boy to his own and the boy almost went down the escalators himself! I saw it because I was on an upper level.
By
Anonymous, at 9/5/06 12:39
My daughter had a similar accident when she was 3. We were shopping, and she was running when an adult bumped into her, and then she fell. She cut her lip badly. However, we didn't send her to A&E. And the wound healed in a few days. But I had a big fright of course.
Fortunately, Tien is alright now. Yes, I can imagine your anger at your hubby's unwatchful eyes. In my case, it would be me kena scolding from my hubby.
By
Anonymous, at 9/5/06 13:35
What a fright! I'd be yelling away at Danny if I thought it was his fault. Then again, he's actually more careful than I am... sometimes. Fortunately it's all over and she's okay.
By
Anonymous, at 9/5/06 14:49
Poor Tien and poor mummy! *hugs*
I believe it must have hurt you to see her suffereing ... hope both of you are feeling better now..
Agreed that man tend to be more careless...guess it's just their nature?
By
Anonymous, at 9/5/06 14:51
Thanks, ladies! She still complains it's "painful", her exact word. But I caught her peeling away the bandage and pulling at the stitches. Gross!
Yeah, I was also mad at myself, for I should have known better. :(
By
ky, at 9/5/06 15:25
Gosh it must be a terrifying night for you all. Wish Tien fastest recovery.
This remind me of my girls incident but anyway I believe the daddy must be very upset as he wont want accident to happen on his children too. Dont repent him too much, hope he had learnt to be more caution & responsible nxt time :)
As for the MCYS issue, I can understand how u feel when Eu's sch teacher "comment" about him, is an unfortunate things that good teacher are hard to find esp those for little children where at child stage, they need most are concerns, patient & alots encouragement from adults.
By
Anonymous, at 9/5/06 20:12
Thanks, wtpgrr! Glad you understand it's not easy to deal with the teachers every other day on the destruction your child caused. I wish I could just tell them, like you said, don't over-react.
By
ky, at 10/5/06 13:39
Ouch! Hope she's ok now... :)
By
Anonymous, at 16/5/06 14:11
Post a Comment
<< Home