Little Foot Steps

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pass it on

Was searching the internet to find an orphanage to give away those items I will not be bringing to the new place, and came upon this site. Ha! Just what I'm looking for. Don't ask me why not just call up the Salvation Army. I just feel that all these items, though not new, are all in working condition and will be put to much better use if given to the needy. The gratitude that these needy people will have when they receive their much wanted or needed stuff is worth so much more, compare to the monetary value Salvation Army gets, if they manage to sell away the second hand items. I know and understand that cos' I came from a family where my mom constantly worried for the next meal.

Okay lah! Will send them a mail, once I have hubby's approval (he is such a garung guni sentimental man).

3 Comments:

  • Thanks for the great site reference,it's indeed very fulfilling knowing we've make someone else' day simply by giving away something we don't need but mean alot to them:)

    Let's spread the spirit of giving especially during this festive seasons...:))

    Btw, you're moving house huh? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/05 17:28  

  • Yup! Moving hse. Really dread the packing and unpacking part. That's why trying not to bring across all those stuff that I feel we do not need them anymore.

    By Blogger ky, at 8/12/05 14:05  

  • Wow,I also needy leh...haha. Joking lah. I saw this org on the news sometime ago and yeah, I think they've got a good mission and this is a great site to bookmark.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/12/05 16:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers