A new year begins with....
1. A new home
2. Eu turned four

Managed to get the critical reno work completed before the planned move day, and did the move. Had everything unpacked in three days, and realized storage space was much lesser than before, though on paper wise, floor area did go up and there are more cabinets and wardrobe now. Strange!

Views from my bedroom, 2006 New Year's fire-works.
2. Eu turned four

3. Maidless
Something I have been looking forward to. Dismissed my domestic helper. She was engaged to look after Tien. I wouldn't say she did a wonderful job, in fact, I get so frustrated with her that I am slimmer now than I was before getting pregnant with Tien. The only good value she had, which was the sole reason for not replacing her, was her patience with Tien. Even when Tien was having big time tantrum, she was neither irritated nor angry at every temper Tien threw. That's one credit I always reminded myself, to bear with the mistakes and errors she made, so long the basic needs of Tien is taken care of.
Something I have been looking forward to. Dismissed my domestic helper. She was engaged to look after Tien. I wouldn't say she did a wonderful job, in fact, I get so frustrated with her that I am slimmer now than I was before getting pregnant with Tien. The only good value she had, which was the sole reason for not replacing her, was her patience with Tien. Even when Tien was having big time tantrum, she was neither irritated nor angry at every temper Tien threw. That's one credit I always reminded myself, to bear with the mistakes and errors she made, so long the basic needs of Tien is taken care of.
Life arounds two of my precious 


7 Comments:
You mean you moved house, unpacked, did everything with the kids around WITHOUT a maid?
Eu got the same birthday as Gavin right? Happy belated birthday!
By
Anonymous, at 10/1/06 18:44
Eu will be in daycare during weekdays, so it's only Tien that needs to be taken care. Anyway, got those movers that specialise in relocation, and they did the packing, so it's only the unpacking that needs to be settled. Honestly, with or without the maid, not much diff. She is of not much help really.
By
ky, at 10/1/06 22:16
How do you cope then now that you are without a maid?
Who looks after the kids?
Good that you are back on line and finally settled into the new house.
By
Anonymous, at 11/1/06 00:17
Nice to have you back! Wow, you unpacked within 3 days. It took me more than a week. You guys must have been efficient.
I felt relieved too when I dismissed maids previously. And I don't miss not having one.
By
Anonymous, at 11/1/06 01:53
I'm glad to be back too! That represent all is back to their routine :)
Zara mama: My mom is helping me look after Tien during my working hours, till she enters daycare in February. When I'm back from work, here's how I cope: (1)eat dinner super fast plus entertaining Tien at the same time (2)play a VCD or DVD for the kids while I clear the table, bathe Eu and do the laundry (3)only get to shower after all is sleep. It's tough, but it will get easier with time passes.
Ange: Got to unpack fast, else the two monkeys are having too much fun running, hiding, climbing with all the boxes in the house. Way too chaotic :p
By
ky, at 11/1/06 09:30
Welcome Back! And Happy Belated Birthday to Eu!:)
Glad that your mum is able to help out, at least you won't be that stressed i supposed. :)
By
Anonymous, at 11/1/06 12:42
Thanks, Eileen! I'm not so worry about not being able to cope without a maid. Very often, I left the house in morning with a fowl mood to work, due to certain things the maid had or had not done. But now, like ange put it, I'm free and relieve!
By
ky, at 11/1/06 15:01
Post a Comment
<< Home