School visit
The speech language pathologist and educational psychologist should be doing their observation in Eu's class now, while I'm typing. Wonder how Eu will react when he sees auntie Sri appearing in his school and not when he visits her weekly in the clinic. Wonder how the class will be doing with two strangers among them. I'm both nervous and excited. Hubby is not really into this. He felt this is a waste of money and we should have just switch him to another school will do. But I would not know what was going on in that class forever. I will not understand why my son is having so much problems. I want to know how I can help him so that he is able to enter primary one as a confident, happy and welcome child.
Life arounds two of my precious 


8 Comments:
Speech doctor ah....i always tot of letting one check out RayAnne....am a little worried her might have a speech problem which we might overlook and in the end hinder her development......haiz....or maybe she is really just a very very late bloomer....haiz
By
Anonymous, at 29/8/06 12:36
Do keep us posted and you are not alone...we're here with you.
Damien's teacher just commented that he has short attention span and it got me worried...but the daddy is forever so 'positive', he said this is normal for kids this age...
By
blurblur, at 29/8/06 16:42
Think u have made a gd decision. My Girl's classmate had a similar problems too. My friend paid for a additional "teacher" to be with him in the class and they now managed to find out how is he doing in class. Now he is doing very well.
Hope everything goes well for you...
By
LZmommy, at 30/8/06 09:58
I can understand how you feel... as all mother want their children to grow up confident, happy and welcome...
Sometimes it's really sad that those educator are over-reacting and thus aggravate the "not actually a problem" become a real problem, as some of the incident seem to happen on our childhood day too but we moved on and now we are also adapting well into the society...
Hope everything will be fine and you will ride over this obstacle phase very soon :)
btw, I love your baking :g
By
wtpgRR, at 30/8/06 13:52
Let us know the progress. As parents, we always want the best for our kids. Sometimes we may go round a big circle and find that we could have taken a shorter route. But then, if we don't even try, how would we know right?
Btw, Eileen, if you're reading this, don't worry about Damien. I think he's okay. My son also has short attention span and I think it's normal.
By
Anonymous, at 31/8/06 14:06
Thanks sesame! Now i feel more at ease...;) As mommies, we tend to worry more than the daddies, don't we? ;)
By
blurblur, at 1/9/06 10:14
Wow, I didn't know got this kinda "service". Keep us posted, ya? 3 years back I was also informed that Ryan had a short attention span during his study time in the nursery but he's doing well now :)
By
IMMomsDaughter, at 1/9/06 12:11
With the knowledge of having 2 people observing the class, won't the teacher behave differently? And hence you won't get to evaluate the actual lesson in progress?
Anyway, hope all turns out well.
By
ZMM, at 1/9/06 13:41
Post a Comment
<< Home